Overview: Patient Care Coordinator is responsible in obtaining information to make each patient’s encounter a positive one.
- Check patients in for their provider appointments.
- Assist patients with the completion of their medical forms and any questions they may have.
- Answers phone calls and provides information regarding our audiology providers and services in a professional and efficient manner.
- Schedules, problem solves, communicates, and coordinates appointments.
- Collects, processes and records information regarding patient(s)’ authorizations & referrals.
- Communicates with internal and external teams (i.e. patients, family members, physicians, management, etc.) on eligibility requirements, policy benefits eligibility determinations, etc.
- Creates all necessary correspondence pertaining to eligibility determination.
- Provides all necessary follow up to ensure patient’s encounter is a positive experience.
- Collaborates with the front desk supervisors, as needed, to coordinate positive and prompt service
- Ensures that all referral forms are sent to health records in a timely manner, after assigned actions are completed and patient record is created and/or updated accordingly.
- Completes billing/clinical transaction information.
- Maintains knowledge of first-party and third-party payment procedures and regulations.
- Answers, responds and documents phone calls, request and questions from patients in a timely manner.
- Assist clients and staff with referral questions as they occur.
- Professional, friendly, outgoing and flexible
- Able to multi-task and move effortlessly from one project to another
- Can complete assigned duties and projects in a timely manner
- Can prioritize schedule management and office duties
- Can work independently and as a team member
- High School diploma/GED required; undergraduate degree preferred
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience working in the healthcare field preferred
- Excellent customer service skills in a healthcare environment
- Must have a strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Polished Communication skills both written and verbal
Job Location: All University Otolaryngology Locations