Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and/or Practice Administrator, the Medical Assistant is responsible for managing routine back office functions including but not limited to the maintenance of patient flow, exam room preparation and turnover, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
- Maintain patient flow into exam rooms and escort patients to exam room in a pleasant professional manner.
- Assists physician and in exam rooms as needed.
- Obtain vitals, assist in surgical procedures, and give injections, as well as any other clinical tasks as needed
- Triage patient phone calls and tasks, for all clinical patient requests. Work with physicians/providers to address those requests.
- Ensure exam room is stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required
- Record and verify basic medical history including the reason for the visit
- Record and verify medications listed by patient
- Assist with patient call backs, appointment scheduling and prescription refills
- Ensure clinical compliance regarding sterilization techniques, sample medication oversight and compliance
- Monitor OSHA requirements, and any other compliance standards required within the clinical realm of the practice.
- Assist patients with mobility difficulties
- Employee must be fluent in the understanding of universal precautions regarding blood borne pathogens
- Responsible for attending and putting into practice all staff training activities related to Medical Assistant role
- Office equipment cleaning/sterilization/inspections
- Cross Train to perform vestibular SVAR, VVI testing
- Cross Train for check in/check out and assist with patient registration, referrals and chart reviewing
- Minimum 2 years in physician’s office performing back office functions
- Diagnostic testing scheduling, surgery scheduling, and precertification of required medical services required
- High School diploma and Technical Trade School in Medical Office
- Compliance Program Experience helpful
- Previous computer skills on Physician Practice Management system
- Medical terminology including CPT-4 procedure coding. ICD10 diagnostic coding and HCPCS coding required.
- Must be able to communicate with patients, physicians, and other office staff members in a courteous and tactful manner both verbally and written.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus