Description: The Physician Assistant is a health care provider who, working collaboratively but independently, while under the supervision of a physician, is responsible for adult and pediatric patient evaluation and care through the performance of pertinent history and physical examination, assessment of needs and delivery of appropriate treatment.
Location & Schedule: Positions co-located Between Providence & East Greenwich, Rhode Island locations. Would work Monday through Friday. No weekend calls required.
- Work independently and contribute to the group’s effectiveness by identifying acute and chronic patient care issues to address; recommends options and courses of action; implements physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performs physical examinations; obtains, updates, and studies medical histories.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as imaging studies, audiograms, and laboratory studies as needed; interprets test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting via the EMR system.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as cerumen removal & epistaxis control; manages wounds and infections; perform intratympanic injections; perform flexible fiberoptic examinations of the upper airway; mastoid cavity cleaning and myringotomy with tube insertion; prescribes medication as appropriate.
- Provides postoperative care: suture/drain/packing removal, surgical wound care, review of pathology and culture results, ordering of appropriate follow-up care.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; promoting wellness and health maintenance; encouraging compliance with recommended treatment plans.
- Contributes to team effort by coordinating care with internal and outside medical providers and those within the practice (e.g. audiologists, allergy nurses, speech pathologists, etc.)
- Assist in the development and implementation of patient appointments with heavily aligned primary care sites to improve patient access for ENT services.
- Work collaboratively with our experienced Physician’s Assistant, already on staff.
- Licensed to practice in Rhode Island
- Bilingual preferred
Compensation/Benefits: Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including 401K, generous health and dental insurance benefits, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), etc.
Education and Experience:
- Unrestricted license to practice in the State of Rhode Island
- Unrestricted DEA and RI controlled substance registration
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant Program with B.DS. Degree of its equivalent
- Certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants
- Certified American Heart Association Basic Life Support/Advances Cardiac Life Support
- Experience working in EMR
*Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in applying.